Super Earlybird ($199) ends 10 March.
Become A Marathoner
... and help us beat cancer!
About this program
This is a 12 week entry-level group training program that teaches the basics of ocean swimming in preparation for a selection of official swim events.
It's for people with some swimming ability who are looking to face their fears in a safe, supportive environment.
After 12 weeks training you will be able to:
- Complete a 1km ocean swim event
- Safely navigate the surf zone
- Confidently swim in a group setting
- Use the ocean to your advantage
- Say "I am an ocean swimmer!"
All ocean training sessions are supported by water safety crew from surf clubs local to our training beaches, familiar with local conditions, close by at all times.
As a registered Australian charity, all our programs fundraise for cancer research — it's an important part of why we do what we do.
Are you ready to learn to ocean swim? Take our quiz to find out now.
You'll train twice per week under the guidance of qualified, experienced ocean swim coaches.
Pool swim sessions mid-week focus on:
- Refreshing swim skills
- Building base swimming fitness
- Learning how to swim more efficiently
- Practicing basic ocean swimming techniques
- Drills for stroke correction
Ocean swim sessions on Saturday mornings focus on:
- Identifying changing ocean conditions – waves, rips, tides, sand banks, and more
- Learning to enter and exit the water safely
- Increasing your swim distance in the ocean under supervision
- Learning advanced surf skills and using the ocean to your advantage
Due to the holiday break, there will be no coached training sessions from 23 Dec 2019 – 5 Jan 2020 (inclusive).
Click to view local session times.
Pay $XXX, get $XXX value
... or pay 4 x $XX instalments!
|Super Earlybird ($XXX) ends DD Mmm.|
|Giveaway + Earlybird ($XXX) ends DD Mmm.|
|Standard ($299) from DD Mmm.|
Help fund lifesaving cancer research
... common fundraising questions.
Do I have to fundraise?
Yes, you have to fundraise in return for learning to trail run. Don’t let that worry you too much, we’ve been doing this since 2005 so we have plenty of resources available to help you achieve your fundraising goal. Plus, you’ll have a Team Captain and Mentor/s to guide you through. The best approach is to have a plan and to start early.
Where does the money go?
When you fundraise for the Can Too Foundation, you're fundraising for Australian cancer research and prevention. We focus on investing in early career cancer researchers across all cancer types.
For every dollar we receive:
- 65% goes to cancer research
- 22% goes to cancer prevention
- 13% goes to general admin.
What if I don't meet my commitment?
Can Too has been teaching people to run and raise funds for cancer research for fifteen years. We know that if you put your mind to it and work hard you CAN TOO help fund Australia's most promising cancer research projects. You have until 30 days after your goal race to meet your commitment, and we continue working with you until options are exhausted.
How long do I have to fundraise?
The good news is that you have until 30 days after your program finishes to meet your commitment to cancer research and prevention. You'll have an active fundraising page from the moment you sign up, so our suggestion is sign up early!
We Gold Coast Marathon
... and you will too!
The world class international marathon attracts participants of all ages and abilities.
The Gold Coast Marathon, an IAAF Gold Label Road Race, is the pinnacle of road running events in Australia and during its 41-year history has distinguished itself as one of the most prestigious marathons in the world.
Its famous flat, fast and scenic course located alongside the city’s renowned surf beaches and stunning broadwater plus ideal winter running conditions featuring low humidity, little wind and mild temperatures result in 60% of participants achieving personal best times each year.
Question? Let's chat.
All our staff are regulars in our programs. We all started as beginners, faced the same challenges as you, and are here to share our experiences and advice.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Can Too [PROGRAM] 2020 Competition
- Entry is open to participants registered in the Can Too XXXX 2020 training program
- Employees, immediate family members of employees, employees of any company associated with the Promotion are ineligible to enter
- The Promotion commences on 00:00 XX/XX/2019 and entries close on 23:59 XX/XX/2020 (promotion period)
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete a registration, including payment of registration fees, for the Can Too Sydney Trail Series training program during the Promotion Period via XXXXX
- By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Can Too Foundation and Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to
- entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake, or
- entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, or XXXX
PRIZES AND WINNING
- The random prize draw will take place at 12:00 on XX/XX/2020 at Can Too Foundation offices, 100 William St, Woolloomooloo NSW 2011
- The winners will be chosen at random by Can Too Foundation. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The winner will receive 1 x pair of shoes from Brooks Running
- Total Prize pool valued up to $250
- Winners will be notified by phone/email within two (2) business days of the draw
- If there are any unclaimed or un-awarded prizes a prize draw will be conducted on XX/XX/2020 at the same time and place as the original draw. If a winner is drawn they will be contacted by phone and in writing within two (2) business days