Position Title Community Engagement Specialist
Effective date March 2019
Reports to Marketing & Communications Manager
Hours Full time (38hrs) with regular work outside of office hours
You’ve got a passion for people and can build meaningful community relationships by being a positive and supportive brand ambassador. You’re comfortable having conversations online and offline, are a confident self-starter, thrive in the flexibility of irregular hours, and capable of independently delivering event logistics. Most importantly you understand being actively in our community and programs is crucial to your success.
- Increase volume of community engagement activities
- Increase peer-to-peer fundraising revenue by nurturing and empowering fundraisers
- Increase volunteer engagement
What You’ll Do
Community Engagement & Communications (50%)
- Coordinate all activations and events
- Coordinate engagement programs (competitions, gamification, recognition)
- Coordinate weekly fundraiser newsletters using Mailchimp
- Improve and develop new fundraising resources and ideas
- Produce marketing and fundraising collateral
- Attend at least one training session per week
Fundraising Support (30%)
- Connect fundraisers/volunteers so they can work together
- Coordinate activities, events, and opportunities for fundraisers to leverage
- Coordinate fundraising recognition programs
Community Partners (15%)
- Integrate and leverage partners in activation and engagement opportunities
- Coordinate guest speakers
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers for all events
- Coordinate corporate volunteering opportunities
Indicative Working Hours
- Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri 9am – 5pm
- Wednesday 12pm – 8pm
- One weekend day per month (you will receive time in lieu)
- Weekly site visits are core to community engagement, so you’ll need an unrestricted driver’s licence and your own transport.
- For large events like race days (4 – 5 per year) you will need to be available to drive a van.
- As the events lead you’ll need to be able to do some heavy lifting setting up marquees etc.
How To Apply
For a confidential discussion on this role please contact Marty Pinkstone, Marketing & Communications Manager, on email@example.com or 0423071120.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your resume AND a covering letter (up to 2 pages) outlining how your skills, experience, and aspirations align with those of this role in supporting the Can Too community.
Only complete applications including a covering letter will be considered for shortlisting.