Minimum Participant Age Policy
We provide programs that encourage friendships, fun and inclusivity while ensuring the safety of everyone involved.
What is the minimum age of participation in a Can Too program?
- Young people aged under 12 years are not permitted to register for Can Too programs.
- Young people aged between 12-18 years may register for Can Too programs, subject to special conditions.
What are the special conditions for all young people registered in Can Too programs?
- Young people must possess the physical ability to complete any pre-training assessment, the training sessions and the associated event. As with all participants, the Coach has discretion to withdraw a participant from a program at any time where the Coach considers the participant’s physical ability poses a health or safety risk to the participant or others. Can Too strongly recommend parents contact the Can Too office to discuss individual circumstances prior to registering.
- Young people aged under 16 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is registered in the program at every training session or associated event.
- Young people aged 16 years and over may attend training or associated events without a parent or guardian with the prior written consent of their parent or guardian.
- At any event where alcohol is served, young people must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Can Too’s standard Withdrawal and Refund policies apply to anyone withdrawn from the program for safety reasons.
What are the special conditions for young people registered in Can Too run programs?
Young people aged under 16 years are not permitted to enter half marathon programs.
Young people aged under 18 years are not permitted to enter marathon programs.