This frittata recipe is a great way to meal prep! You could also bake them in muffin tins for perfectly portioned meal additions.
- 1 (about 400g) sweet potato, grated
- 2 (about 400g) eggplants, finely diced
- 3 (about 300g) green zucchini, grated with the extra water squeezed out
- ½ cup green olives (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 80g (1 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup of milk or milk alternative
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh continental parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add olive oil to a large fry pan over medium heat and cook sweet potato, eggplant and zucchini until soft. Set aside to cool
- Arrange spoonfuls of the vegetable mixture in a 24cm cake pan to form a 2cm layer. Sprinkle with cheddar and then repeat this process until all the vegetable mix and cheese is used up.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and parsley together. Season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and sprinkle with extra cheddar if desired. You might need to use the end of a fork or knife to ensure the egg mixture makes it way all the way through the vegetables.
- Bake in
ovenfor 35-40 minutes or until just set. Remove from oven. Set aside in panfor 10 minutes to cool.
- Serve with a big green salad!