If you’ve been a bit low with your veggie intake, this is one healthy and tasty way to get them in! Turkey mince is very lean and a great source of protein, but this recipe would also work with chicken or beef mince.
- 250g organic turkey mince
- Iceberg lettuce
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 3cm piece of ginger
- 3cm piece of lemongrass
- ½ teaspoon of Chinese five spice
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- ½ red capsicum
- 1 brown onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 – 6 button mushrooms
- 4 kale leaves
- 4 asparagus spears
- Carefully peel off the 6 – 8 lettuce leaves so they remain fully intact. Wash thoroughly and put to one side to drain.
- Finely dice the onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass and set aside.
- Finely dice the remaining vegetables (zucchini, carrot, capsicum, mushrooms and asparagus) and set aside in a separate bowl.
- In a saucepan, heat the sesame oil over high heat and then sauté the onion, ginger and lemongrass until fragrant.
- Add in the turkey mince and Chinese five spice, stir occasionally until the turkey is cooked through.
- Add the diced vegetables and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until vegetables appear cooked (I like mine a bit crunchy!)
- Shred the kale and arrange over the top of the vegetables and turkey mixture.
- Turn the heat off, cover with a lid and allow the kale to steam/soften for 1 – 2 minutes before stirring through.
- Portion the mixture into lettuce cups, wrap up and enjoy!