You could even make these as pikelets! A great source of complex carbohydrate and thanks to the eggs, they give you your protein hit, too. Get creative with your toppings – add slices of banana and yoghurt or ricotta, honey and blueberries or simply a little butter and jam.
- 1 cup
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup coconut water
- 3 free-range, organic eggs
- Sift spelt flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add almond meal, eggs and coconut water.
- Whisk well ensuring that there are no lumps in your mixture.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Place small amounts of the mixture into the pan.
- Cook for 1 – 2 minutes before flipping (or until golden on each side).
- Repeat until all pancakes batter is used.