Corn is a brilliant source of carbohydrates and the tuna is a great source of protein and healthy fats. Pair these with a big colourful salad for a quick and healthy lunch or dinner.
- 2 cups corn kernels – I like to use fresh ones, but canned will also work.
- 2 - 3 Free Range Eggs (depending on the size)
- 2/3 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup Full Cream Milk or milk alternative
- 1 zucchini, grated (allow this to sit on a paper towel so the excess water is absorbed)
- 1 x large can of Tuna
- ½ leek finely sliced
- ½ teaspoon of dried chilli (optional)
- If you are using fresh corn, cook in a saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain well and then use a sharp knife to remove the kernels from the core. If you are using canned corn, drain and put to the side.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add flour and milk and stir until smooth batter forms. Stir in corn and zucchini. Season. Gently fold through the tuna, leek and chilli.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Pour 1/4-cup portions of mixture into the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 mins or until golden underneath. Turn and cook for 2 mins or until cooked. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in batches, with remaining mixture.