This makes for a great pre- or post-training snack. To save time, organise several ‘smoothie containers’ in advance by putting all the ingredients (minus the liquid) into a container and store them in the freezer. Blitz or blend on the day you are going to consume.
- ½ banana
- 1 cup coconut water or milk of your choice
- 1 ½ teaspoons of raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 scoop of protein powder or however many scoops is the equivalent of 10 – 15g of protein if you are using coconut water or a nut milk (There is no need to add additional protein powder if you are using cow’s milk)
- 2 – 3 ice cubes (optional)
- Add all ingredients in a blender or
nutribulletand blitz until smooth.
Note: if you are making this in advance, the chia seeds will make your smoothie a bit more ‘gluggy’ so if