These can be made in bulk and ahead of time so are great if you are time poor or like to meal prep over the weekend. The added glutamine helps with muscle recovery after intense exercise, so these are great as a post-training breakfast option. Chia seeds are a great source of fibre and good fats and the aloe vera juice is nourishing and supportive for the gut (which can be thrown out of balance especially if you are using gels, goos etc during those longer sets).
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon of coconut yoghurt (or normal yoghurt if you’d prefer)
- 1/3 cup of aloe vera juice (or coconut water or almond milk. You can find aloe vera juice in the health food section of the supermarket)
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Glutamine powder (you can find this in health food stores)
- 1 teaspoon of cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon of pepitas
- ½ cup of mixed berries
- ½ cup of other mixed fruit of your choosing
- Place chia seeds, yoghurt, aloe vera juice and glutamine in a bowl. Stir well to combine and allow to sit for at least 10 minutes or until the chia seeds start to form a gel. This can also be left overnight.
- Top with berries and fruit and then add cacao nibs and pepitas just before consuming.
Tip: Experiment with other flavour combinations or toppers!