Health and Safety
Can Too Foundation
Program Health and Safety Policy
COVID-19 Specific Practices and Procedures
Step 1 of the plan in NSW is effective 15 May 2020, allowing Can Too to re-commence face-to-face training in groups of up to 10 people. Steps 2 and 3 of the Plan will see those group numbers increase to 20 and 100 respectively.
Can Too is committed to the health and wellbeing of the community - that means our participants and the community at large. We have introduced a number of practices and procedures to be observed during training to comply with the government guidelines and keep you safe.
These practices and procedures may be updated as required.
Our Obligations to Each Other
We can all help to keep ourselves and each other safe by adopting simple behaviours to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
By taking part in a Can Too program, you agree to observe the following practices at all Can Too training sessions and events:
- observe NSW state guidelines on maximum numbers for gatherings
- maintain physical distancing between yourself and other participants and members of the public – stay at least 1.5m away from others at all times
- avoid physical greetings such as handshaking, hugs and kisses
- practise good hygiene
- bring your own water bottle to training – clearly marked with your name or other unique identifying feature
- carry your own water on longer training runs. Avoid using public water fountains
When you practise good hygiene you:
- cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- put used tissues straight into the bin
- wash your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- use alcohol-based hand sanitisers*
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- clean and disinfect frequently used objects such as mobile phones, keys, wallets and work passes
*Alcohol-free hand rubs have not been shown to be effective against viruses like COVID-19, and experts recommend against using them.
What to Do if You Have Symptoms
Symptoms of COVID-19 include
- sore/scratchy throat and
- shortness of breath.
Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include
- loss of smell
- loss of taste
- runny nose
- muscle pain
- joint pain
- nausea/vomiting and
- loss of appetite.
If you have symptoms, please follow NSW Government advice on when and how you should be tested for COVID-19.
If you have even the mildest symptoms, stay at home - do not attend training - and immediately notify your Team Captain and Coach of the situation. Please also notify the Can Too office on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience symptoms of COVID-19 and/or test positive for the virus within 14 days of attending a Can Too training session, please immediately notify your Coach and Team Captain. Please also notify the Can Too office of the situation on email@example.com along with the date(s) and location(s) of any training sessions attended within that 14-day period.
If you have been in close contact with a person confirmed to be infected with COVID-19, follow Government and State regulations and self-isolate for 14 days after your last contact with them. Do not come to training during this period. Please immediately notify your Team Captain and Coach of the situation. Please also notify the Can Too office of the situation on firstname.lastname@example.org along with the dates(s) and location(s) of any training sessions attended in the 14 days prior to notification.
Additional Steps You Can Take to Protect Yourself and Others
Can Too recommends that you download and use the COVIDSafe App.