Last updated: 13 December 2019
We reward you with 25% off your fundraising commitment for each first-time participant that nominates you when they sign up to a Can Too training program or adventure challenge.
What do we count as a referral?
An eligible referral meets all of the following conditions:
- The person nominating you (i.e. the person signing up) is registering for a Can Too training program or adventure challenge for the first time
- The person nominates you during the registration process
- The person being nominated (i.e. you) has registered for a Can Too training program or adventure challenge at any point prior to the person nominating you
- The person nominating you remains active in the program (i.e. isn’t a First Time Guarantee, Withdrawal, or Cancellation).
Examples of where you won’t get a reward:
- The person signing up doesn’t nominate anyone (i.e. they leave the form blank)
- The person signing up nominates someone else (i.e. they don’t nominate you)
- The person nominating you withdraws for any reason before Week 4.
When do you process referrals?
We use the new participant’s training program or adventure challenge dates:
- if the participant (i.e. them) is in a Can Too training program we process referrals on Monday of Week 4 of their You will receive a notification the same day.
- if the participant (i.e. them) is in a Can Too adventure challenges, we process referrals on the date of their trip departure. You will receive a notification the same day.
We use these dates to make the policy as fair as possible. Please role model our value ‘Support’ and help your friends through their program.
Participants who are no longer active when we process referrals – including those who have cancelled or withdrawn for any reason – are not counted as referrals.
When do I receive my reward?
Rewards are applied to your fundraising profile in an overnight update after processing (see When do you process rewards?). You are welcome to increase your fundraising commitment.
Rewards are awarded based on your circumstance :
- If you are in a Can Too training program or adventure challenge at the time of processing, and haven’t yet met your commitment, rewards will automatically apply to your current fundraising commitment.
- If you are not registered for a Can Too training program or adventure challenge, the rewards will be logged on your profile, and applied automatically the next time you register for a Can Too training program or adventure challenge.
If you have Loyalty Rewards on your profile, these can be used in conjunction with referral rewards.
Some additional information
- There are no limits to the number of credits you can receive
- You can refer people to any Can Too training program or adventure challenge
- You can use credits for any Can Too training program or adventure challenge
- You don’t need to be in a current Can Too training program or adventure challenge
- You don’t need to be in the same Can Too training program or adventure challenge as the person you referred to Can Too
- Standard registration fees apply when registering for a Can Too training program or adventure challenge.
- To receive a credit, you must have an existing registration with Can Too. If you have never registered with Can Too before at the time someone nominates you, you will not receive a credit.
- If the person nominating you has fundraised with Can Too previously, you won’t receive a reward. This includes training programs, adventure challenges, corporate training programs, and Can Too Beyond.
- You have two years to use a referral reward / credit. After two years, credits will expire.
- We only accept refer-a-friend nominations during the registration process.
Help us improve this policy.
While all care has been taken in developing this policy so that it’s transparent, consistent and reasonable, it may be updated periodically.
We want your feedback. It helps us improve our services and make them fairer.