Maple Miso Glazed Chicken with Veggies
Created by Tamara Madden
10 ingredients · 30 minutes · 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Arrange the broccoli and carrots on the prepared baking tray. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with half the salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the miso paste, maple syrup, sesame oil, ginger and remaining salt.
- Place the chicken on the baking sheet with the veggies and lightly brush each side of the chicken with 1/4 of the miso glaze.
- Bake the chicken for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and then coat the chicken in the remaining miso glaze. Toss the vegetables and return to oven. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Divide the chicken and veggies between plates, season with additional salt if needed and enjoy!
- Mix it Up and instead of broccoli and carrots, use cauliflower and bell peppers instead.
- No Chicken Thighs? Use chicken breast instead.
- Miso Paste is a salty paste made from fermented soybeans. We used white miso, but any color will work in this recipe.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
2 cups Broccoli (chopped into florets)
1 Carrot (medium, chopped)
1 1/2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1 tbsp Miso Paste
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 1/2 tsps Sesame Oil
1 1/2 tsps Ginger (grated)
225 grams Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
Calories 287 Sodium 868mg
Fat 12g Vitamin C 83mg
Carbs 18g Calcium 72mg
Fiber 4g Iron 2mg
Sugar 10g Zinc 1mg
Courtesy of Tamara Madden, Mad on Nutrition