Giveaway winner announced.
Become A Trail Runner
... and help us beat cancer!
About this program
There is no trail experience required to join!
Train twice per week in a 12 week program preparing trail runners for the Sydney Trail Series.
Can Too is a community committed to fundraising for life-saving cancer research and prevention programs.
After 12 weeks training you will be able to:
- Safely navigate trail run conditions
- Confidently complete a trail run race
- Say "I am a trail runner!"
Choose from the 10km, 12km, or the 21km goal distance at Sydney Trail Series (Manly Dam).
You'll train twice per week under qualified, experienced trail run coaches.
Tuesdays skills sessions focus on:
- Proper trail running technique
- Injury prevention
- Trail running equipment
- Improving core strength
- Hearing from guest speakers
Saturday distance runs focus on:
- Trail running form
- Building endurance
- Improving mental focus
- Terrain, cadence/stride dynamics, mental/physical agility & proprioception
Due to the holiday break, there will be no coached training sessions from 23 Dec 2019 – 5 Jan 2020 (inclusive).
Join a fun local community and support a good cause
I’ve always looked forward to Can Too training runs, a chat and a laugh with everyone, I really like the people.
We're all of varying abilities and no one feels left out with Can Too. Team Captains make sure everyone has a good time out on the trail runs, everyone is celebrated when they finish a training run, and breakfast together afterwards is a great start to the weekend.
You get this massive sense of achievement every time you strap on your shoes and that’s an awesome motivator to keep trying.
Matt, Trail Runner
Starting at $6/session*
... you get $390+ of value!
|Super Earlybird ($119) ends 7 Oct|
|Giveaway + Earlybird ($159) ends 24 Nov|
|Standard ($179) from 25 Nov|
* Registration fee only, paid in one instalment, minimum cost $119.
Disconnect and find yourself in the natural beauty at your doorstep
Trail running is different to road running, as no two steps are the same – you have to concentrate on where you’re putting your feet. It’s a form of mindfulness; clearing your mind and focussing on the moment.
That’s why I love trail running, gives your mind a rest.
I also love trail runs for the peace you find on them, the chance to stop and look at beautiful scenery. It’s an easy way to see amazing parts of Sydney that are right on our doorstep.
John Doughty, Coach
You are what funds research
... the most frequent questions.
Do I have to fundraise?
Yes, you have to fundraise in return for learning to trail run. Don’t let that worry you too much, we’ve been doing this since 2005 so we have plenty of resources available to help you achieve your fundraising goal. Plus, you’ll have a Team Captain and Mentor/s to guide you through. The best approach is to have a plan and to start early.
Where does the money go?
When you fundraise for the Can Too Foundation, you're fundraising for Australian cancer research and prevention. We focus on investing in early career cancer researchers across all cancer types.
For every dollar we receive:
- 65% goes to cancer research
- 22% goes to cancer prevention
- 13% goes to general admin.
What if I don't meet my commitment?
Can Too has been teaching people to run and raise funds for cancer research for fifteen years. We know that if you put your mind to it and work hard you CAN TOO help fund Australia's most promising cancer research projects. You have until 30 days after your goal race to meet your commitment, and we continue working with you until options are exhausted.
How long do I have to fundraise?
The good news is that you have until 30 days after your program finishes to meet your commitment to cancer research and prevention. You'll have an active fundraising page from the moment you sign up, so our suggestion is sign up early!
Get the skills and experience to become a confident trail runner
I encourage people to embrace the process and appreciate where you are. Trail running is a totally different environment to what you’d normally be in.
I like taking people to places that they never thought possible in terms of building confidence, ability and fitness, getting them to do things they didn’t think they could.
My favourite part of coaching the Can Too community is getting the group to connect, as running is often done solo.
I’m inspired by people who aren’t naturals yet with hard work and grit achieve amazing things.
Tim Locke, Coach
We Sydney Trail Series
... and you will too!
As a highly-accessible, local, entry-level trail running event, the Sydney Trail Series is perfect for our community.
The 10km or 12km race options at Manly Dam are perfect for those starting out in trail running.
Manly Dam season of the Sydney Trail Series has a scenic start / finish area on the shores of the dam, plus a mix of technical single trails, waterfalls, fire trails, and lovey dam views. You can also cool down with a dip in the dam after your run.
Whether you're just starting out, or you some experience and looking for a supportive trail community to train with over summer, training for the Sydney Trail Series with Can Too is guaranteed to please.
|Ask A Question|
Question? Let's chat.
All our staff are regulars in our programs. We all started as beginners, faced the same challenges as you, and are here to share our experiences and advice.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Can Too Sydney Trail Series 2020 Competition
- Entry is open to participants registered in the Can Too Sydney Trail Series 2020 training program
- Employees, immediate family members of employees, employees of any company associated with the Promotion are ineligible to enter
- The Promotion commences on 00:00 18/09/2019 and entries close on 23:59 24/11/2019 (promotion period)
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete a registration, including payment of registration fees, for the Can Too Sydney Trail Series training program during the Promotion Period via www.cantoo.org.au/event/sydney-trail-series-2020
- By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Can Too Foundation and Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to
- entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake, or
- entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, Sydney Trail Series, or Big Run Events
PRIZES AND WINNING
- The random prize draw will take place at 12:00 on 25/11/2019 at Can Too Foundation offices, 100 William St, Woolloomooloo NSW 2011
- The winners will be chosen at random by Can Too Foundation. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The winner will receive 1 x pair of shoes from Brooks Running
- Total Prize pool valued up to $250
- Winners will be notified by phone/email within two (2) business days of the draw
- If there are any unclaimed or un-awarded prizes a prize draw will be conducted on 04/12/2019 at the same time and place as the original draw. If a winner is drawn they will be contacted by phone and in writing within two (2) business days