Walk 40kms on the Kakadu challenge and help raise much needed funds for Cancer Research.
- Join a Can Too ambassador, on a Top End challenge
- Challenge yourself with treks to the iconic Twin and Jim Jim falls
- Trek the diverse habitat of the escarpment, from cool Monsoon Vine Forest to the rugged stone country on top
- Welcome to country performed by Wulna Aboriginal elders
- Sunset cruise on the Yellow Water billabong, home to a variety of wildlife
- Trek to some of the most beautiful indigenous rock art galleries
Can Too Kakadu challenge treks into remote gorges, ascend rugged escarpments, to hidden ancient rock-art platforms and dry river beds - this is wilderness trekking.
Kakadu National Park is a World Heritage Area covering some 20,000 square kms. Waterfalls tumble from the red cliffs off the Arnhem Land escarpment into shady pools; tranquil wetlands teem with animal and bird life, while 40,000 years of Aboriginal cultural heritage is on display in the numerous hidden rock art galleries. Get away from the crowds on our active, trekking challenge, it's when you go for a trek beyond the main tourist sites that Kakadu will reveal its true magic.
This trip is for almost anyone with a reasonable level of fitness and competent swimming ability, designed for the enthusiastic and adventurous in search of something different!
This trip has been graded at an introductory to moderate level. However, some days will be quite active involving steep walks for most of the day.
These adventures are best prepared for with some regular moderate exercise. As always with adventure travel, you should enjoy a healthy lifestyle before undertaking this trip.
Please bear in mind that because you will be travelling into a remote wilderness, creature comforts are limited. Your level of fitness can also help you acclimatise to the warm temperatures and humidity, so we suggest a bit of swimming, walking, jogging or cycling to prepare yourself for the Territory!