Earlybird ($260) + Giveaway ends Sun 19 Jul
Become A Marathoner
... and help us beat cancer!
About this program
This program is for runners looking to train in a fun, group environment for the Honolulu Marathon whilst fundraising for cancer research.
If you're concerned about your ability, please contact us. We'd love to help you set a suitable goal.
As a registered Australian charity, all our programs fundraise for cancer research — it's an important part of why we do what we do.
You'll train twice per week under the guidance of supportive, experienced running coach.
Mid-week interval training typically covers:
- how to run more efficiently
- improving core strength
- proper breathing techniques
- understanding injury prevention
- presentations by guest speakers.
Saturday distance runs typically:
- focus on running form
- build endurance
- improve mental focus
- work on pacing and race strategy.
... you get up to $870 value!
|Super Earlybird ($220) ends Sun 5 Jan.|
|Giveaway + Earlybird ($260) ends 19 Jul.|
|Standard ($300) from Mon 20 Jul.|
* paid upfront as a lump sum.
Help fund lifesaving cancer research
... common fundraising questions.
Do I have to fundraise?
Yes, you have to fundraise in return for your 20 week coached training program. Don’t let that worry you too much, we’ve been doing this since 2005 so we have plenty of resources available to help you achieve your fundraising goal. Plus, you’ll have a Team Captain and Mentor/s to guide you through. The best approach is to have a plan and to start early.
Where does the money go?
When you fundraise for the Can Too Foundation, you're fundraising for Australian cancer research and prevention. We focus on investing in early career cancer researchers across all cancer types.
For every tax-deductible dollar we receive:
- 71% goes to cancer research
- 29% goes to cancer prevention.
What if I don't meet my commitment?
Can Too has been teaching people to run and raise funds for cancer research for fifteen years. We know that if you put your mind to it and work hard you CAN TOO help fund Australia's most promising cancer research projects. You have until 30 days after your goal race to meet your commitment, and we continue working with you until options are exhausted.
How long do I have to fundraise?
The good news is that you have until 30 days after your program finishes to meet your commitment to cancer research and prevention. You'll have an active fundraising page from the moment you sign up, so our suggestion is sign up early!
We Honolulu Marathon
... and you will too!
The fourth largest marathon in the United States, the Honolulu Marathon is a spectacular and scenic marathon course of 42.2km through paradise.
There is no time limit and no limit on the number of participants. At the Honolulu Marathon they wait for the last finisher to cross the line and all finishers get an official finishers shirt and awesome medal ... it is the perfect, supportive event philosophy which is why we're so excited to be training for it!
Question? Let's chat.
All our staff are regulars in our programs. We all started as beginners, faced the same challenges as you, and are here to share our experiences and advice.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Can Too Honolulu Marathon 2020 Giveaway Competition
- Entry is open to participants registered in the Can Too Honolulu Marathon 2020 training program
- Employees, immediate family members of employees, employees of any company associated with the Promotion are ineligible to enter
- The Promotion commences on 12:00 02/12/2019 and entries close on 23:59 19/07/2020 (promotion period)
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete a registration, including payment of registration fees, for the Can Too Honolulu Marathon training program during the Promotion Period via https://www.cantoo.org.au/event/honolulu-marathon-2020
- By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Can Too Foundation and Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to
- entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake, or
- entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, or Honolulu Marathon
PRIZES AND WINNING
- The random prize draw will take place at 12:00 on 20/07/2020 at Can Too Foundation offices, 100 William St, Woolloomooloo NSW 2011
- The winners will be chosen at random by Can Too Foundation. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The winner will receive 1 x pair of shoes from Brooks Running
- Total Prize pool valued up to $250
- Winners will be notified by phone/email within two (2) business days of the draw
- If there are any unclaimed or un-awarded prizes a prize draw will be conducted on 13/10/2020 at the same time and place as the original draw. If a winner is drawn they will be contacted by phone and in writing within two (2) business days