Super Earlybird ($239) ends Sun 15 Dec.
Become A Marathoner
... and help us beat cancer!
About this program
Ever dreamed of completing a marathon?
This program is suitable for runners who confidently and regularly run 8km or more. Make lifelong friends, training in a group environment for 20 weeks together, preparing to complete the Gold Coast Marathon.
Can Too is a community who believe in taking on personal challenges, to do something positive, by funding life-saving cancer research and prevention programs.
After 20 weeks training you will be able to:
- Confidently complete a marathon
- Say "I am a marathoner!!!"
If you have any questions, please contact us.
You'll train twice per week under the guidance of experienced and supportive coach Matt, supported by your Team Captain.
Wednesday interval sessions focus on:
- Learn how to run more efficiently
- Learn proper breathing techniques
- Improve core strength
- Learn about injury prevention
- Hear from guest speakers
Saturday distance runs focus on:
- Build endurance
- Improve mental focus
- Work on pacing and race strategy
- Focus on running form
Due to the holiday break, there will be no coached training sessions from Fri 10 - Mon 13 Apr 2020 (inclusive).
Be a part of a fun local group who care about their community
I love Can Too because it’s a lot of fun, it’s friendly and it feels like one big family!
Mighty Mac Uni group is the best (of course) because of the infectious spirit and camaraderie.
I love the colour orange, that we’re fundraising for a great cause, and it’s so rewarding as a coach to see everyone supporting each other to achieve the ‘impossible’.
Matt Joyce, Coach
A life-changing experience for $239
... and $930+ of value!
|Super Earlybird ($239) ends 15 Dec.|
|Giveaway + Earlybird ($279) ends 9 Feb.|
|Standard ($299) from 10 Feb.|
YOU are what funds research
... your most frequent fundraising questions.
Do I have to fundraise?
Yes, you have to fundraise in return for the support from Can Too as you become a Gold Coast Marathoner.
Fundraising is in our DNA, we’ve been doing this since 2005 so we have plenty of resources available to help you achieve your fundraising goal. Plus, you’ll have a Team Captain and Mentor/s to guide you through your journey over the 20 weeks of your program.
The best approach is to have a plan and to start early.
Where does the money go?
When you fundraise for the Can Too Foundation, you're fundraising for Australian cancer research and prevention. We focus on investing in early career cancer researchers across all cancer types.
For every tax-deductible dollar we receive:
- 71% goes to cancer research
- 29% goes to cancer prevention.
What if I don't meet my commitment?
Can Too has been teaching people to run and helping them raise funds for cancer research for over fifteen years.
Over 10,000 runners have learned that if you put your mind to it and work hard you CAN TOO help fund Australia's most promising cancer research projects.
You have until 30 days after your goal race to meet your commitment, and we continue working with you until options are exhausted.
How long do I have to fundraise?
The good news is that you have until 30 days after your program finishes to meet your commitment to cancer research and prevention. You'll have an active fundraising page from the moment you sign up, so our suggestion is sign up early!
We Gold Coast Marathon
... and you will too!
The world class international marathon attracts participants of all ages and abilities.
The Gold Coast Marathon, an IAAF Gold Label Road Race, is the pinnacle of road running events in Australia and during its 41-year history has distinguished itself as one of the most prestigious marathons in the world.
Its famous flat, fast and scenic course located alongside the city’s renowned surf beaches and stunning broadwater plus ideal winter running conditions featuring low humidity, little wind and mild temperatures result in 60% of participants achieving personal best times each year.
|Ask A Question||Sign Up|
Question? Let's chat.
All our staff are regulars in our programs. We all started as beginners, faced the same challenges as you, and are here to share our experiences and advice.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Can Too Gold Coast Marathon 2020 Competition
- Entry is open to participants registered in the Can Too Gold Coast Marathon 2020 / Gold Coast Half Marathon 2020 training program
- Employees, immediate family members of employees, employees of any company associated with the Promotion are ineligible to enter
- The Promotion commences on 00:00 11/10/2019 and entries close on 23:59 09/02/2020 (promotion period)
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete a registration, including payment of registration fees, for the Can Too Gold Coast Marathon training program during the Promotion Period via www.cantoo.org.au/event/gold-coast-marathon-2020 or www.cantoo.org.au/event/gold-coast-half-marathon-2020
- By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Can Too Foundation and Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to
- entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake, or
- entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, or the Gold Coast Marathon.
PRIZES AND WINNING
- The random prize draw will take place at 12:00 on 10/02/2020 at Can Too Foundation offices, 100 William St, Woolloomooloo NSW 2011
- The winners will be chosen at random by Can Too Foundation. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The winner will receive 1 x pair of shoes from Brooks Running
- Total Prize pool valued up to $250
- Winners will be notified by phone/email within two (2) business days of the draw
- If there are any unclaimed or un-awarded prizes a prize draw will be conducted on 10/05/2020 at the same time and place as the original draw. If a winner is drawn they will be contacted by phone and in writing within two (2) business days