Gluten Free Post-Training Pancakesby Teresa Boyce 05 Jun 2017
Who Said Pancakes Were Unhealthy?
Getting a little "hangry" post training? This gluten free pancake contains all the essential macronutrients needed for optimal training performance and recovery (and tastes darn good to boot!). These pancakes can be enjoyed anytime of the day -- hot or cold!
Ingredients (Serves 1):
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites (or 2 whole eggs)
- 1tbsp. almond butter OR tahini
- Coconut oil
- Mixed berries and sliced banana
- 100g natural yogurt
- Place eggs in bowl and beat well
- Add quinoa flakes to eggs, beat until light and fluffy
- Add cinnamon and beat
- Heat frying pan to a high heat, add coconut oil evenly to pan
- Add mixture to hot frying pan, cook pancake until golden brown (just like other pancakes!)
- Spread almond butter of tahini on top of cooked pancake
- Top with fresh berries, sliced banana, and natural yogurt
Add mash banana to the mixture for an extra creamy, sweet pancake!